Monday, October 11, 2010

Coolpix


It was Sunday morning.  I had been up since 5:30am doing paperwork.  Enough of that.  Enough accounting and numbers after an hour and a half.  It was about seven now and  I needed to run to the grocery store before the hoardes of people arrived.  I had my list and breezed through their doors early.  I got it all done in fairly good time despite the constant re-arranging of aisles of make you backtrack to find your needed items.  It made for a good leg stretch and warm up for what I really wanted to do and when I got home and put away the groceries I was ready. 

Now...now, was time for a run.  I wasn't at the Runners haven but just my neighborhood.  I had been at the haven alone yesterday on Saturday morning and challenged myself to a good 14 miler.  I went out seven miles and turned around knowing I would have to do seven more to get back to my car.  I didn't think about not being able to do it.  I only thought I was doing 14 miles and I did.  But this morning, on Sunday, I was just going to be doing half of that.  This is what I saw along the way.



You can see how it was overcast when I started which made it mild.  I get to circle (a large rectangle really) from my doorstep, down my street, then turn right, turn right, turn right, going up inclines to be able to enjoy the downward slopes,  a bit of trail right about miles 3-4 and a stretch of highway at 5-6, then back up my street again to finish.  Some of this scenery isn't so bad.  Can you even imagine what I get to see running along the scenic loop at the Runners haven?  I'll have to take some shots to compare. 




Oh yes, and here is the reason I have these shots at all.  Mirror image and fuzzy...but a new camera.  I couldn't leave home without it.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT