Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blustery day

We have a wind advisory for the day.  It's the beginning of a (I don't even want to say) very, very cold few days.  We had a break of getting our temperatures back to a decent place for the past few and now we are in for the next few killer days.
Yes, I've seen the reports.  I've checked the news forecasts.  I know it's not going to be good.  And yes, thank you, I know it's winter.  That isn't any consolation.  It doesn't help to know it's worse somewhere else.  I'm not somewhere else.  I can't fathom what goes on north of me.  I am having a hard enough time figuring out what's going wrong with the weather right here where I am.
So.  This will probably be a week to come straight home.  I will resign myself to the minimal amount of things I need to do away, like work, and then go home where I can control my own temperatures and don't have to worry about what's going on outside until it all passes.
And it will all pass and in the meantime I will be scribbling.  I have a few more chapters I am ready to attack.
This might be the best time to take advantage of it.  I mean, really.  There isn't anything I can do while the weather is being so very uncooperative.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT