Sunday, February 27, 2011

A little proud

It's just coming up on 9:30am this Sunday morning and I can delightfully say I've already had a run, shower and coffee.  It's not a bad way to start a Sunday morning.  Wait.  I should say what a great way to start a Sunday morning!
I know, I know.  You've already x'd out the site because you know I am going to say something about running.  Righto, you got it.  But only briefly if you dare stay with me.  I figured I needed to get my long run for this week done since it would be hard during the week.  Six miles, today, done, check.  I just kept wiping my mind clear of anything except just run and also how I thought my main characters in my fiction story should be moving closer a little faster and how I might correct that.  I think it helped the run.  I'm sure it will help the story.
So I hung another medal on my wall.  It was never supposed to become that.  Some kind of - what, I'm not sure - trophy display?  I don't feel like my running times are even good in comparison with other runners but when I said that last night Jay got after me a little.
"You just won't accept how well you have done - even when you get a medal to prove it."

I guess not.  Don't know why.  Yes, it's nice, it's great.  But then I wasn't doing it for the medal.  I wasn't supposed to get a medal.  But I''ll take it and be a little proud of it and try not make it more, or more importantly for me, less than what it is. 
Now I think I'll spend some time on my fiction.  It's still quiet out and the ideas are still fresh in my mind.  I believe it will be good positive time to just write.  I'm a little proud of that, too. 
TT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On any given day someone is a champion at a race, you were the tops in your field on that day. Even the best of best get beat, and that's what you did, you won! Congrats!

Chetta said...

Thanks for the congrats! It just still seems unbelieveable to me at times.

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT