Thursday, February 17, 2011

The fun begins

This is where the fun begins.  Or is it?  Is that what you say when you know, deep down, this is going to take a lot of work but it is something that you have been really looking forward to doing?  Or is it what you say when you have already done a portion of the work and are finally reaching the point where things should get easier?  I guess it could be mean both.  It could probably mean even more.  Give me a minute and I will think up more but not right now.
I've managed two glorious outdoor runs the past two days and I know I am going to have to put in the work.  I can't take away from the amount of enjoyment I am getting out of it but realistically...wow.  I am so out of it.  I am getting my tail whipped to put it mildly.  I am not sure (and of course I will place blame elsewhere) what that treadmill has done to me but!  I can't get my stride going right.  I am out there moving along and I can feel myself running, running, well running weird.  It's like my legs aren't sure of themselves, my breathing is off-kilter, I am having a terrible time with my inclines (dang inclines)!  What's up with that?  I knew I was going to have to struggle at the beginning again but then, but then...
But nothing really.  It's tough right now.  I am having to re-build a bit.  Did I think I would have this odd, unnatural-like stride starting up again - No - but I'll figure it out.
I'll go out there again and again and get to feeling more like myself and the legs will get more assured, the breathing will become natural and the inclines will even out.  There is really no holding back when the breakthrough has begun.  It's the moments I have been waiting for.  It's here and time to work it out.
So whatever which way I can come up with what it means...this is where the fun begins.
I'm leaving it at that.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT