Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Spiraling

I had another appointment this morning that took me away from work and out of doors on another one of the coldest days we've had this year.  This time the temperatures started out cold but in the 40's.  I had to leave the office at 10:30am to get to my destination so I got in my car and made my way there.  The thermostat in the car started at 44 degrees. 
As I drove I would glance down quickly and see that it had shifted from 42 then 40.  It was dropping fast.  I knew the wind was blowing hard and I knew another one of these cold fronts was supposed to be coming in.  I glanced down again and it was 35 then 30.  It played around going from 30 to 29 for a while until it finally settled on 28.  When I reached my destination it was a solid 28 degrees.
It turned out there was an opening in the appointment schedule for me to get an additional item completed instead of making another appointment for another day so I took it.  I called work to say I would be in later and was done and completed by 2:20pm.
I got back in the car and drove back to work.  The thermostat didn't even register the 28 degrees from previously but had already climbed back up to 35 degrees.  It doesn't sound like much but I was certainly happy to see that it was going in an upward motion instead of the dreaded downward spiral.  (Or is it me that goes into the downward spiral when the temperatures decide to take that turn)?
So yes...colder (20's) tonight...but then 40's tomorrow.  Another bout of 20's the following evening but then highs of 59, 66 and 72 consecutively for the next few days.  I can do that.  I know I can.
I can deal with upward spirals any day.  Let's start tomorrow.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT