Saturday, February 5, 2011

I forgot

I had forgotten it was the day before Super Bowl Sunday.  I am not sure how I can extract myself so completely from the normal activities of the majorities of peoples.  Obviously, it isn't hard for me to do.  To tell you the truth, I don't even have a clue who is playing except that it's in Dallas but that's not one of the teams doing anything tomorrow. I don't think they are involved.  I don't know.
I should have realized that was why there were so many people at the grocery store this afternoon.  I go to the store farther away from me when it isn't early morning hours on a weekend to avoid the crowds.  This store usually has less people.  Not today.  And then I couldn't find a decent cut of meat.  I could feel my frustration growing.  Jay had mentioned earlier that he thought a beef stew or pot roast would be good.  I was looking over the beef display, wedged between other shoppers, when I finally gave up and called Jay.
"I don't know what to get," I moaned.
"Where are you?" he asked.  He always have to decipher what I've gotten myself into.  I always dive right in and forget to fill him in on the details.
"I'm at the grocery store and their chuck steaks are wrapped in packages going for 12-13 dollars a piece.  Their stew meat looks like someone already chewed it and spit it out.  There's a ton of people here," I answered.
"Probably because it's Super Bowl tomorrow," he replied.
"Oh, that explains it."

I should at least try to keep up with current events. It might help me plan around everyone else and I won't find myself in situations that I have to call for back-up.  You would think I would have remembered the Super Bowl.  Everyone else does.
But as usual, that seems to be everyone except me.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT