Monday, February 21, 2011

Looking for signs

I am waiting on some light.  It is still pitch dark outside and even though it's a holiday I've woken early and have already done a few things...(made coffee, cleaned the kitchen, folded towels, drank coffee).  I will probably drink a little more coffee but switch to water soon enough.  Probably about the time it turns light outdoors.
I have to wonder if we are having a faux spring.  I know I copied a splendid week of weather not too long ago but when I checked again this morning I found this...
I have been absolutely ecstatic about the recent turn in the weather!  I am functional again.  I am not living to just get through the next few days until it's better but enjoying the today, the tomorrow, and oh, look, look at Friday...it holds all week!  It's crazy, I know.  I shouldn't be that way, I know.  Yet, there is no way to be able to stop, no matter how I try, the sometimes no-so-silent drama that comes with me and cold weather.  But we are leaving it behind I believe.
I saw tiny, miniature mounds of dirt along the seams in the sidewalk that ants were pushing out from underneath as I ran yesterday.  There are tiny buds starting to form on some of the tips of the branches of trees.  I am hearing a few more bird-calls that I wasn't hearing before.  I believe these were the signs we went by before we could snip a weather forecast from it's web-site.  I believe they might be more accurate if we are willing to pay attention to those things.
But then again, it may be a faux spring and it could turn.  I've seen that happen before.
But for now, hopes are high.  Feelings are positive and there is a whole lot of outdoors left to check out.
I can't wait to take a look around a little more for everyone this morning once it turns light.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT