Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow

Could it be that only a crazy person like me would even attempt to drive to work on such a morning?  I sort of noticed there wasn't a single other car on the street but it didn't cross my mind that I should or shouldn't drive.  I got in my car at 6:47 am and was surprised by the white that blanketed the driveways and parts of the street.  It didn't stop me from getting into the car and defrosting the windshield.  I even drove down my street when I realized...I can't do this.
I turned around at the end of the street and had a moment when the car wouldn't move.  Dang these inclines!  I knew I had problems with the inclines when I run along this route but I was in the car?!  I didn't think I was going to be able to move my car over the incline to get back home.  The car was sliding and not moving.  I kept trying and it would sway and I would try and finally, finally it moved.  I made it home and will have to wait.
I know by northern standards this isn't much.  I know.  But here, we don't have equipment that prepares the streets so you can drive through these conditions.  Here, if this happens - which it never does - we close the streets and wait for it to melt.  That's it.  That's all we can do.




This is so wrong.
TT
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT