Friday, February 18, 2011

Go to work

I have to admit I was simply enjoying the morning.  Yes, I had to go in to work.  It was a Friday before a three-day weekend but it hadn't really sunk into my brain quite yet.  Finally, I think I grasped the idea that I would have an extra day off so I sat back in my chair, sipped my coffee and just started to enjoy the morning even though the long weekend didn't officially start until that afternoon.
After a few minutes I realized my eyes had focused on my bulletin board where I have all the index cards of my story characters pinned up.  I was reading through some of the notes I had on each and then glanced down at my open binder where I keep my chapter and outline notes.
It made me realize that this is where I work.  This really is my desk, the place I can sit, my spot.  It's not large but I have made it into what it has become and I can say I really do work here at this spot.
No.  Not my day-to-day job but then again maybe it is.
I hadn't been keeping up but I hit 600 posts yesterday and didn't notice it until this morning.  That took a bit of work and then I have all these characters I have started to bring to life that are pinned on a bulletin board.  I guess I should have been creating more life for them this morning instead of sitting back sipping coffee.  But then sometimes it's just good to simply enjoy the morning when you have the chance.  I had the chance and took it.  I still had time to take notice of the things I have around me, that I have created, that I enjoy. 

I promised myself I would commit to the work this year.  I knew I would spend time doing things that  involved that word (work) and I knew it would be harder some times than others.  So it's nice to sit back every once in a while and have a simple morning. 
But now it's time for me to go to work.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT