Friday, February 25, 2011

I don't wanna's

I am not sure why but it seems my motivation has dipped when I thought it would leap.  Just when all the planets were aligned, when all the obstacles were cleared, when everything could be as close to perfect as it could get, I seem to be having a faded case of the I don't wanna's.
Let's face it.  I have another 5K tomorrow morning and I haven't had a run since Monday.  I have a 10K in two weeks and I haven't put in one ounce of training.  What is causing this indifference?  What is triggering this lengthy state of blasé?
Is this a case, dare I say, of over-confidence?  Am I thinking, oh yeah...5K-10K...been there, done that!?  I think there might be a trace of that going on.  A trace, maybe, but I know better.  And as time ticks along and my training time gets shorter I have to wonder what I am setting myself up for.  Disaster? possibly?
But then of course, my inner runner says, don't be ridiculous, you're going to finish.  What else is there to worry about.  You've been there, done that.
But confidence can only take me so far in a physical race.  I know that and that is what has me perplexed about my current state of mind.  So what do I do when my motivation is being hung out to dry?
You would think with all the sunshine I would have already brought in the laundry.  Unfortunately, all the cutesy ways I can turn the phrases isn't going to help me in the least when I am needing to pound the pavement.  So it's a matter of motivation.
Or is it just a matter of lacing up and going for a run.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT