Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Not 30

If this morning is any indication of how the rest of the day will go then I'm in for a rush and time crunch.  I wanted to get up early enough to get another round of 30 minutes of writing done and I wasn't able to squeeze that much in.  I managed 10 minutes.  Only 10 minutes but the positive part is that it produced 156 more words.  Not a lot.  Only 156 words, only 10 minutes.  Sure, only...when I was hoping for 30 minutes and many more words.
But then instead of thinking I missed the opportunity for 30 minutes and shutting it down and waiting for more time later I got a good few minutes of writing done.  I got the story moving forward again.  I put down some good movement.
It's slight but it's there.  I had to stop but I know exactly where I can start up again.
So it proves that I can pinch a few words here and there if that's all I have at the moment.  No reason to think a few minutes can't be productive.  No reason to think I need long afternoons and hours of time to pick up where I left off.
If 10 minutes is all I have...it's still 10 minutes.  Better than thinking I missed out on 30 and use none at all.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT