Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Splendid again

Let's get going, onward, moving along, going forth, never looking back. 
Well, I do look back when I get to a cross-street.  I finally got myself outdoors, rigged up, scooting along my neighborhood for a run.
About time!
Did I say something yesterday about splendid?  I did. Well, I think I will say it again.  Splendid!  It's splendid.  And even bouncing along these dang inclines I've got on my route seemed to be a pleasure.  What a difference?!  When was the last time I was able to get a good run outdoors?!
Was it Christmas eve afternoon when I got caught a mile away from home in a complete downpour?  Was that the last time?  I didn't have a problem about the rain except I was worried about my cell phone getting drenched.  I already was.  That was when I had to wring the rainwater out of my socks when I was done.  I really think that might have been my last outdoor run.  Not that I haven't been putting in a few miles since then on the treadmill.  But really!?  Treadmill?!  How have I survived?
Until today! Finally.
A starting point. A beginning. A kick-off. I have now started to make it happen, to get under way, to issue forth, to get going, to get this show on the road, to get this party started.
About time!
TT
splendid!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT