Sunday, February 21, 2010

Short break

At about 2:45 this afternoon my energy started to take a downward spiral.  I hadn't thought about it but all of a sudden I realized I was a bit lagging.  I tried to sit and start a new book and then realized I hadn't eaten anything and I probably should.  I tried to grab a few bagel chips to make do until dinner but that only prompted my stomach to demand more.
I needed a sandwich.  I am not sure why - maybe because I have been eating a lot of turkey sandwiches for lunch - I decided to have a peanut butter and pickle sandwich instead.  I have only had one prior to this but for some reason I actually wanted another. 
I went ahead and allowed myself to spread a thick layer of extra crunchy over a slice of whole wheat bread and apply the green disks right over it.  I topped it with the other layer of wheat bread and squeezed it together.  I didn't cut the sandwich on a diagonal or straight down the center but left it whole.  Sometimes I just prefer it that way.  I ate the entire crust around the sandwich first.  When the crust was gone I was left to enjoy the hefty filled middle section.  Always leave the best for last.
It didn't really do much to help my lagging energy.  I think it was just a Sunday afternoon where I had done quite a few things and needed to break for a while.  I forget to take breaks for myself almost the same way I forget to eat. 
So now it's almost 5:00 and I'm still not hungry for dinner.  I don't have to worry about that for a bit yet but thought I'd catch a minute to break and to think how a sandwich that sounds the way it does isn't really so bad. 
Now I think I will go grab a beer before the weekend is over.  My break needs to be a little longer...
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT