Monday, February 8, 2010

PB & P

You know what this is.
If you are staring at this in wonder and confusion I will explain.  This is a Peanut Butter (Jif extra crunchy) with Bread and Butter Pickles on whole grain bread.  If you are still staring in confusion and asking why??...well...because.
Because I am caught up in reading a series of books where the fictional main character doesn't have a thing in her pantry and finds herself starving without anything more than these few ingredients.  She actually eats them quite often (because she likes them and they remind her of childhood) and always cuts them on the diagonal.
For some reason the idea has been on my mind since I've been reading these books and I had to try it.  Yes.  I had to.  I knew it was going to stay with me until I did or finished the books and I still have a few to go and I didn't think the character was going to stop.  She wasn't going to stop eating them and mentioning the fact in her stories.  So I had no choice, you see.

So, I got the specific ingredients and went for it.  I made up the sandwich and cut it on the diagonal.  It doesn't look all that bad and to tell the truth...it doesn't taste all that bad.  That probably isn't the best way to describe something to eat...that it doesn't taste all that bad...like it should but it barely escaped the blughh, puueehee, spit it out part. 
It wasn't like that at all.  Now I will say it probably isn't a good idea to use hamburger dill pickles instead of the bread and butter pickles.  There is probably way too much tang in those to be counteracted by the butter crunch of the peanut butter and hearty bread. 
So, the conclusion is that I think a PB & P sandwich is pretty good.  I would eat another as I am sure the fictional character will too.

Then just to keep my culinary cred...I also baked a cake.
It is white cake with red rasberry filling in the center and chocolate icing.
If this cake doesn't give me back some culinary respect that the Peanut Butter and Pickle sandwich took away, nothing will.
Well...maybe a cookie would.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT