Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cookie results

The results are in on the test cookies from yesterday. I brought the entire batch which was approximately a little over two pounds of chocolate, caramel and pecan cookies to work. I set them out and let whoever wanted to try them to have at it.
They were pretty much gone before I got back from lunch. The tins were empty and I retrieved them from the place I had put them when they were full.
I had quite a few positive responses. I tried to explain they really didn't come out the way I had imagined them. I tried to explain I was hoping the caramel would have stayed a creamier consistency instead of the more brittle-like texture.
I was told it was actually better the way they turned out. It was explained to me that the cookie would have been too sweet if the caramel had stayed creamier. I was told it was a perfect balance of caramel flavor with the pecans and chocolate. I was told they were very good. I was told anytime I wanted to experiment there would be plenty that would be happy to taste them for me.
Then I was told, well, maybe I needed to work on them again. Maybe I needed to try some others and bring them in for tasting. Yes, maybe I needed to have more to sample.
I was even told by someone that since I liked to experiment, he would be more than happy to move into my spare bedroom so he would be available to taste everything I fixed.
Hmm...right. I told him not to hurry to pack up his stuff. I'd get back to him later on that one.
Boy, some people will do anything for cookies.
TT

1 comments:

Dem the Firebreather said...

The cookies sound delicious! I would also like to volunteer to sample/test your cookies. The batch of cookies we have now are almost gone. :-)

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT