Saturday, February 27, 2010

Not yet

It's not too early for a Saturday, is it?  I mean for me to be up with coffee in hand and clicking a keyboard?  Well, the coffee isn't in hand at the moment.  I'm not that good (or fast) with one handed typing.  But it isn't too early, is it? 
I sometimes wonder when I am here in the all quiet if I should still be in bed.  I think about it for as long as it took to read that sentence and then I'm up and out.  Besides, it's a Saturday and I have stuff.  I must have stuff, right?  There is always stuff.  Stuff to say, stuff to do, stuff to get or put away, stuff to get rid of...
I always have stuff even when it isn't planned.  I had someone ask me about my plans for the weekend.  I paused for the smallest second and said, I don't have any plans.  I don't usually make plans.  He seemed taken aback.  I get the impression most people actually think ahead and make plans.  I might have some ideas of what I would like to do in a day but they are usually so roughly vague it cannot be called a plan.  Of course, there are times when a friend might decide to meet me for coffee or lunch and a time is set.  That would be a plan but I have a tendency to avoid most of those situations.  Besides, I would have to have friends that would make the arrangements since I won't.  It might be due to the fact I plan so much for others all week long. 
There is also the fact that I don't like to decide.  Most things I'm perfectly happy to go along with so I don't have a preference.  I find most others have definite preferences and if they decide it skips the ackward back and forth of trying to do what the other wants.  I just want them to decide and I'm fine.  It's ackward for me to end up picking something they would rather not.
What am I going on about?  Maybe it isn't too early on a Saturday to be up...I just shouldn't be writing yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT