Friday, February 19, 2010

Oddly melodious

Something has happened recently. There has been a change that I have felt coming on for a while. I have sensed it the way an old bloodhound picks up a trail of a stranger from the scent of a shirt. It has become familiar and I am getting better at seeking it out.
I can tell. It feels like something has snapped into place. It hasn’t exactly snapped but more very simply clicked almost inaudibly. I wouldn’t have noticed it at all if I wasn’t so much like that old bloodhound. I have been straining at the leash for quite some time. You would have thought I would have given up by now. There was something about that scent that I couldn’t let go of. I had to follow that trail and find that stranger.
I am not trying to be so abstract. This just seems to be the way I have been feeling about these words I keep arranging on all of these pages.
I feel like I have been on the trail of a stranger thinking I might find them. There have been more and more instances that I feel I have come close. There are many instances I have just enjoyed barking along down the trail. I have been loud and snarling at times and stubbornly focused at others. I have lost the scent and wanted to give up and went a little further and found it again, sometimes faintly. But with that and my hopefulness to succeed I found it to be enough to urge me on.
I have to tell myself at this point to look at what I have done. Look at what I have learned. Look at what I have achieved by absolute determination and not knowing better than to quit.
And now it feels like something ever so slightly clicked into the right place. It was there before but never so comfortable. It no longer seems to pinch at odd times and I don’t notice any sharp reminders when I turn unexpectedly. It glides so smoothly with me now that I don’t notice it is there anymore.
There is a lot more joy when I allow the words to glide smoothly. I am overjoyed by what I have learned and anxious to see what I have yet to learn. This strange trail has been a thoroughly pleasurable adventure.
And hasn't this been a lovely, melodious, metaphorical bit of conjecture? Well, now that I got that out of the way don’t think for a moment I will stop barking.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT