Saturday, February 6, 2010

Late...r

Acckk! It is amazing the sense of rushing I can get whether it is this time late in the morning or evening. I am only more than 12 hours later in posting than my norm. Take a comparison look and this time is usually a.m. not p.m.
I cannot account for myself today so there is no accounting for it.
I am just now getting home from the gym after procrastinating all day long and at 5:18 (pm) decided I had to roll myself out of the house, which I did and managed a 3.25 mile run. I know my week didn't measure up in the mileage department but I still got three runs in this week and that will need to be - it will need to be - 'cause that's what it is.
I have read three books this month...what is today?..started a fourth if you can count 21 pages into a book starting it. I feel like I have to be further along but then, well.
I think I am jealous of the main character of the series of books I am currently reading. She does a three mile run at 6:00am most mornings. Yeah, I am jealous. She gets to roll out of bed, walk out of her apartment and run along the ocean. She can do that. I'm jealous of her being able to run there, that close to her apartment, by the water.
She does eat a lot of McDonalds that I can't tolerate too well but I find her sandwiches very interesting.
I know I am going to get me some extra chunky Jif, bread and butter pickles, and hearty grain bread to throw together and cut on a diagonal. Then there is the pimento cheese sandwich that is cut in four long fingers or the hot sliced hard-boiled egg sandwich with hellmans mayo and lot's of pepper. I don't think she has said how she cuts that one if at all. I'll be checking for that.
So I am late, jealous, and in need to sandwich ingredients.
...later.
TT

1 comments:

Bruce (FOG) said...

Hi Tessa,

Been a long time, but after reading your post from Saturday, I feel the same way. Instead of taking care of myself, my life revolves around another. My hurriedness makes for a frantic day, and by the end of the day, I'm exhausted - Who has time for exercise. I applaud your victory in self-preservation, and with a head held low, I submit to my own defeat.
On another note - a hard-boiled egg sandwich turns my stomach at the thought of it, and talk about a case of halitosis afterwards. Tell your neighbors to run because IT'ON!!!
As for books, my new Kindle keeps me company in the quiet times, however I have managed to read 3 books in the last month, and the search continues for even more. Take Care in all that you do.
FOG

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT