Thursday, February 18, 2010

Me myself

There have been quite a few posts recently that begin with I. I made, I thought, I did, I would. Not all of them. I went back and scanned the last most recent few and not all of them start with I. But most of them did. I thought so.
I don't know why I thought so but I did. I thought, “I bet I have been starting most of my post lately with I.” I was. I have been.
I don’t think I like that. I don’t think I even like the idea that I am starting them that way. With I.
Starting them with I seems very narcissistic. It seems very all about me. Me, me, me…I, I, I. I can almost see the beginnings of being very self-absorbed or self-centered. I promise that isn’t what I’ve tried to be doing. I promise. Really I do. But what if it progresses that way? What will I do?
I need to stop this. I need to stop sooner rather than later. I wonder what I can do to change this. I need to find a solution. I need to do it soon.
Don’t you think so? Is there anything you can think of to help change this? What do you think I should do? Do you know of a quick way to resolve this sudden need to start with I?
Maybe it isn’t sudden. Maybe this is something that has been going on for a while and I wasn’t aware of it until now. Maybe I should go back and check as many posts as possible to see if this is something that has been more of a problem then I realized.

Well, I could do that but I really just wanted to see how far I could take this. A thought had crossed my mind and I was just being curious.
See how nothing can turn into a problem if you try hard enough?
I - I mean I…
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT