Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bad getting worse

I think I have managed to bring myself down into an all time...hmmm...what do I call it?...bad weather mode, cold weather mode, can't do a thing because of the weather mode.
I guess I could do something while this weather is going on.  All these years and I still haven't figured out how.  I do manage the absolute responsible things like going to work and pretending to be fine as long as someone doesn't decide to become a weather man and fill me in on how it's all going down in the next few days. 
It doesn't look good.  I've already missed running days Sunday and Monday after I was expressly told..."run when you are supposed to."  Being told that keeps the thought swirling around my brain as I bundle myself up and do exactly the opposite.  I haven't clocked a single mile this week and the weather...It isn't getting any better.
I tried to distract myself and went to a friends networking website and gee...pictures posted everywhere of...yeah...just what I was trying to get away from...Bad Weather.  Bad to me...Very Bad weather to me since more than a few people had run out and posted pictures of snow!  Oh no...I am barely hanging on here the past two weeks and this was my way of distraction?  Why do I do that to myself?  I knew I shouldn't have gone to that site.  I certainly shouldn't have stopped to look at the pictures! 
I can say my plan is to try and run at noon at the gym at work since my boss will be working from home the rest of this week.  Even if I can only get in a few miles it will be better than no miles at all.  It's on site where I work so I don't have to leave the building.  I am hoping that might work even if the runs need to be shorter.
Sorry I talked about the weather...I tried really hard not to say anything but boy.  I really have a hard time with it.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT