Friday, February 19, 2010

No complaints

I heard it was Bring Summer Back day yesterday but I didn't get the memo. I don't think whoever is in charge got it either. It wasn’t exactly summer yesterday so I am thinking it didn’t get brought back yet.
I know it hasn’t come back when I have had frost on my black ragtop the last two mornings. I would take a picture and post it for you but I am too cold to stand out there long enough to take the picture. My only thought is to get into the car and let the defroster take care of the rest. That is exactly what I have done the last two days when this has happened.
But that is enough about the weather.
It is a Friday. I have lots of work at work and that is making time pass quite nicely and quickly for me. That means I get another wonderful weekend to spend and then only a week of work before I will have another wonderful weekend before I take an entire week off from work. How could I dare complain when everything is lined up so perfectly?
It is a simple thing. I won’t complain. I will not complain about the weather or the frost. I may state the fact that it has happened but it won’t be a complaint. I know there is a fine line but sometimes I can’t avoid stating facts that are sometimes perceived as complaints.
This would be the complaint. “Oh, gads, can you believe it was so bloody cold this morning I had frost on my convertible?”
What I said was…”I have had frost on my black ragtop the last two mornings.”
Can you see the difference? The second was clearly just stating the fact and not a complaint at all. That is what I said. It could hardly be considered a complaint (in comparison).
Besides, I am in too good a mood thinking about my week off where there will be no chance of frost. I can’t change the weather here so I will go where the weather has already changed.
Maybe by the time I get back Bring Summer Back will be closer to a reality.
I can't help but be in a good mood thinking about it.  And it's a Friday to boot!
Lucky me.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT