Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I guess

It’s time to start writing again. It’s past time but I need to figure out the logistics. I need to figure out what and when. Wait…that statement might be one of those self-made obstacles. Let me start again and say, I need to start writing again. I’m talking about writing my fiction. I’m talking about a story and not just this thought process I’m muddling through each day here. I’m talking about putting words on a page that have a larger, broader story line with characters that are fictitious but real and believable. It’s not like I don’t have an idea of where to start. It’s not like I don’t have a broad plot outline, characters and more than one project I could actually be working on. It’s not like I don’t have these ideas in my head that add to the broad outlines I’ve already come up with.

So that means all I have are excuses. Is that what it means? Is the fact that time has been something of less than a premium lately. Or is it a lack of discipline or real desire? Is it fear of not doing it well enough to invest the time? Let me think about that.

It’s some if not all of those things. I think I have always come up with a plan to do something and I’m not sure what my plan is yet. Should I let that hold me back? I know I would feel better if I said I was going to write 5 days a week for 2 hours each day or something to that effect. I really don’t know if that is right for now and that’s the real excuse. I guess I shouldn’t concern myself with that part right now. What I need to do is do it. I need to do however much or little writing at times or days of the week and let the routine build itself. I have a feeling if I do that now, I’ll have a few pages written and that will make all the difference.

I’m guessing. What do I know?

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT