Thursday, January 14, 2010

Woman scorned

My coffee maker has been holding out on me. It was showing symptoms of disinterest for a period of time now but I had been in a state of denial.
I knew something was wrong when it began. It started holding out on small amounts of water that should have brewed. It was a slight inconvenience but it was a concession I was able to make. Then recently it became evident that larger amounts were being withheld from me. I was upset thinking of what I could do to make it function the way it had in the beginning. I was willing to do whatever I could to make things right.
I went out numerous times and purchased the high priced mineral deposit busters that would help. That worked for a while and we were able to enjoy things as they were at the beginning again. But then the problem would re-surface. I would try again but then realized I was just enabling. I realized this was something that I couldn’t fix. There wasn’t any real change coming about. I was glossing over the problems instead of realizing the facts that it wasn’t going to change back to the better. It was never going to give me the fully brewed wonderful cup of coffee it had promised me when I first took it in.
The problems have really intensified and I am barely getting a drinkable cup this morning. It thinks I am going to continue along in this state of it being complacent while it makes no effort to contribute to the situation while I rally around trying to make it right.
It is so sadly mistaken. I gave it a go. I put up a good fight. I tried every which way I knew how to make the compromise work. It just didn’t put in my same effort and that was its downfall along with giving up on me.
I will keep it one more day pretending it’s the only coffee maker for me. Then its out on its stainless carafe with the locks changed.
Its replacement has been tracked to arrive tomorrow.

I can barely contain my anticipation for that first new sip.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT