Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pep talk

I went through some of my notes and found a pep talk. It was on a word document that I keep with undeveloped ideas and thoughts that get started but don’t go anywhere. Okay, I am shaking my head now because I can hear that voice saying… “Aren’t all my ideas undeveloped and fail to go anywhere?” Yeah, well maybe, but this one was obviously written just to spill over. It started out with a downbeat and went on to find the positive and beginnings of actions that needed to be taken. It was a 455 word count by the time it was finished but as I read it recently it was definitely a pep talk.
Funny how I would capture that sort of thing on a page like that and not delete it immediately. Maybe at the time I thought with that many words I should leave it for a while. I obviously knew at the time I wasn’t going to do anything with it since I stated that within the piece.
It was good to know I could allow myself to just write and not feel like it had to be anything special or polished or completed. It was a good practice in getting something progressing forward even though it wouldn’t amount to more than just forward movement.
Sometimes I just have to keep myself moving forward and not worry so much about all planning on which path to take. Sometimes it is okay to just know where you want to end up and take the paths that closest take you there.
And it is okay to take the wrong turns every now and then. Sometimes that works out even better. You discover things you never would have encountered without that wrong turn. And you can still get to the end but with added experiences.
So the pep talk worked without me knowing at the time I wrote it. It worked to help me keep writing and moving forward and then helped me realize the value of wrong turns.

Some of the best things come out of taking the chances to get where you want to go.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT