Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Too much fun

I have had so much fun putting together the Rules of Writing pieces. I would never have thought that was possible. The idea of putting down my frustration about the things that I created in my own head about writing wasn't something I would have bet I would get so much satisfaction out of. But I have managed quite a bit of both - satisfaction and fun.
At this point, now with three, I would hope they are enjoyable for someone else to read but it isn’t even something that crosses my mind at this point. Well, of course it crosses my mind. I do want people to like them but it isn’t a deciding factor of whether I write them or not. They have turned into such a pleasurable thing for me to create that it doesn’t matter.
Somehow, the whole idea of taking these honest, very real doubts and fears of mine and letting anyone (including myself) see how crazy and ridiculous it all has been for me, well, has become amusing for me. I am having fun recapping my real craziness in this fictitious office where characters work doing I am not sure what exactly. A place where the furniture is constantly being re-arranged and they are there for me whenever I need to run down a hallway and ramble insanely.
I am not sure I could have created a better place. It serves so many purposes. It provides a creative outlet, double daily word counts, practice with dialogue and descriptive undertakings, a good healthy fun poking of myself that in turns help me not take everything so seriously.
And I have fun doing it.
Boy, oh boy.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT