Sunday, January 31, 2010

Last day

Today really is the last day of the first month of the New Year. I say that like I don’t believe it’s true. It is true. A month has gone by and I am slightly amazed and I shouldn’t be.
It isn’t like I wasn’t there the entire time. I have been here every day even on recent days when I shouldn’t have been, saying things I shouldn’t say.
And that’s how it is sometimes whether I like it or not. Sometimes just doing, keeps me in motion long enough to get to the good stuff.
So I set out at the beginning of the month with a few things to do. Or a few things was what I thought.  I had no idea how much time would go into these things while still doing everything else.  But I can’t say I didn’t manage to do them because I did. I would like to poke big fist-sized holes in how I did all these things but I’m already too good at doing that and then why?  Maybe it is because I am so good at it. The hole-punching thing in all that I do.
The facts still remain that I did them.
• I have written something every day. Some days I wrote more and better than others, but I wrote every day.
• I have followed a scheduled running plan for the past five weeks.
• I read eight books this month.
• I kept up with work and life in general. (It tried to take me down but I’m still here.)
So all in all I didn’t do anything major or earth shattering. Nothing that big to anyone except to me because I was able to fit it all in. It is probably why it got tough for me that last week. I don’t need to push so hard when I’m already getting it done now do I?
So I did that too. I pushed too hard and learned I didn’t have to.
Good month January.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT