Thursday, January 7, 2010

One of those

It started out as one of those mornings. My alarm went off and actually startled me awake. Lately, I have been awake a good 20-30 minutes before it is supposed to fire off. I am usually up then, too. But not this time and it took me another good 5-10 minutes to drag myself out of bed.
I managed to get myself through the routine morning things to make myself look like the professional I am supposed to be at work. I am not sure how, maybe by practice every day, but I managed even though I felt like I was in a haze. I had myself together and went upstairs to boot up my laptop. I was into pulling up my first email and went to take the first sip of my coffee, but the cup was almost empty. It was full when I brought it up with me. I don’t even remember drinking my first cup but now it was empty and I had to go down to re-fill it.
Now time has flown and I drive into work. I get a good parking spot and drag my coat around me, my oversized purse that doubles as my laptop carry-all and my gym bag. I am going up the flight of stairs and I stop and peer down two steps where one of my shoes has decided to stay and visit instead of staying on my foot where it should be. I maneuver myself and all my paraphernalia back down the two steps and try to drive my foot back into the shoe hoping no one else is arriving at the same time.
I somehow managed to get through the rest of the day. There were other things that seemed to crop up that were just those constant annoyances but not really anything to write home about. Well, except me.
I seem to write home about just about everything. I write even when it is nothing more than just one of those mornings.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT