Sunday, January 3, 2010

Running Week One

I managed to complete my first week of running. I know this was a resolution for the New Year but I got a bit of a head start on it in order to start with a full week. Besides, since I have not been running for the past…long time…it is like I am beginning from square one again. I don’t know why that is but if you stop running it always feels like you are starting all over. I will need to build it all up again and get myself acclimated. Here is the plan and my actual distances.

Week 1        Sun    Mon   Tues   Wed    Thu   Fri    Sat     Total
12/27-1/2     2      Rest     2       2.5      2      Rest   3        11.5 miles
Actual          2        2     rest      2.5 T   3      rest    3 T     12.5
*T=treadmill, all other miles ran outside.
Week two will be the same plan as week one. I wanted to give myself a chance to warm up to it all over again. I wasn’t sure how much I would be able to accomplish and didn’t want to dive in and make myself swim too far straight off and fatigue myself before I got started. Okay, no…I’m not swimming also, just running. Don’t let me confuse.
I was able to get all five days in and that, I feel, is a good start. I will see how it progresses. It doesn’t look like my weather is going to cooperate much next week so I may need to take more runs at the gym. I will need to make sure to pack the gym bag properly and not forget anything…like socks!
So my first weeks plan went as planned. I am happy with it so far!
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT