Friday, January 29, 2010

It's raining

I didn't hear the rain until I came upstairs.  I knew it was coming and expected it last night but I didn't hear it then either.  I'm not sure if it was raining the whole time but I could hear it once I was sitting up here in front of my dual windows still dark with no sounds outside except the drops coming down.
It is the completion of the last week in the first month of this year.  It keeps sliding by.  Just 11 months left to this year of 2010 and lots to do.
You can tell I need to ease down that expectation monitor that keeps ticking for me.  I can tell too.  If I can't sit and appreciate the rain, then even I have to admit it's a bit much.
There is nothing better than having a few moments to sit and listen to the rain coming down.  Early morning darkness still throwing it's cloak around and me safe and dry with my hands around a warm cup.
Even if it's only for a few moments.  Small things make the biggest differences when I don't get too caught up not to notice.
It is so much better to stop and notice.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT