Thursday, November 17, 2011

Which task first?

I decided to take half of the day off and leave the office at noon on Friday.  Ordinarily, that would be a great aaahhh good...a little extra time off.  This time it's to accept delivery on kitchen cabinets that is supposed to happen sometime between noon and five that day.  Actually, I have another delivery of tile that is supposed to arrive this morning but I'm not in charge of being here to accept that order.  Tile this morning, cabinets tomorrow, paint and stain and dust and disarray.  I am just starting to get to the point where I know I have to hold on a bit more or I will be sent over the edge with not being able to do a thing about putting things back in order yet.  I am still at the point of making more mess.  Last night I had to empty all the old kitchen cabinets and find places for everything that was in them temporarily.  It had to be places that wouldn't be in the way of the demolition of the old cabinets, in the way of placing new tile, or installation of the new cabinets.  That means I have to go to the outer limits and find a spot that isn't going to be worked on in the next few days.  Which means everything I would normally reach for easily and closely while I'm in the kitchen will be a half marathon distance away.  (And Jay didn't want me doing that distance too soon - ha).
There is now dust everywhere from the sanding of the railing.  It looks like it is ready to stain now.  I've had to be extra careful coming up the stairs since the carpet is stripped and tiny nails are poking up around the edges.  (Me and always walking around the house barefoot).  This afternoon I will need to do something about the stuff on the floor of the closets of the upstairs bedrooms.  I hear the carpet guy wants to start there (on Friday)! and that stuff needs to get moved (much like the stuff in the kitchen cabinets - they might end up a half marathon away, too) but it's got to be packed up first.
Today is Thursday.  I think I have a good marker on what day it is.  I'm not so sure where I am or where I might end up.  I'm finding something different every time I open my front door when I get home and something else to do.
Oh, yeah...and someone mentioned next Thursday is Thanksgiving?  Later.  I'll think about that later.  I can't process that yet.  I need to focus on the task at hand.
TT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT