Friday, July 6, 2012

Wait

I was at work an extra hour today.  Go figure.  I took a short lunch to leave early but that didn't happen.  I woke up this morning not knowing what day it was.  No.  It wasn't due to any alcohol consumption the night before because I hadn't consumed any.  That doesn't mean I won't now.  Maybe I should have last night.  I think I will pour a glass of wine now...Hold up.

Now don't let me spill this all over my laptop keyboard.  I have my book document open and I haven't saved what I've just written to my USB yet.  Maybe I should do that now...Hold up.

So I woke up this morning thinking it was Tuesday, no - Friday? What happened to Wednesday, tomorrow is Saturday.  Confused.  I should have gone to the gym.  Yesterday.  But I didn't and then I didn't go again this morning even though I was up early enough.  Confused.  Sure.  I used any excuse I could at that point.  I should have had a drink.  But didn't.  The night before.  Not this morning.  Of course not!  I had to go to work whatever day it was.  But obviously, not the gym.  That was skipped.  I need another sip of wine...Hold up.

Working late when you are hoping to get home early is a bummer.  But it's done and I should try to relax.  I wrote a bit.  Tiny.  But double what I had when I left it yesterday.  Good.  Right way to go.  Double is good.  Not too much time in between.  Consistent, if not a lot. But still double.  Like a sip at a time...Hold up.

I should stop, now.  Not the wine - the sipping.  This right now.  Silly chatter.  I should stop.  But I'm having way too much fun.  Friday afternoon happy hour with just me, my words, and a sip of wine.  Or four.  Now, it's just silly.  And I'm grinning.  So I should stop.  Or at least for now...Hold up.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT