Sunday, July 8, 2012

Inspire me recipes, please

I'm trying to get inspired with new recipes.  I am totally bored with our regular menu and need to cook up something different.  It doesn't even need to be different but maybe something I haven't made in a while.  Dinner by no means has been bad, don't get me wrong, it just hasn't been...inspired.
HA!  Cue the steaming plates of food waved slowly in front of the camera perfectly presented by girls in long flowing gowns and hair to match.  Is that what I am looking for or just what I think any food television show might want to try to make me think it should be.  I can certainly conjure up the most ridiculous ideas at times.
There used to be a time I could go to the grocery store, pick up cuts of meat, vegetables, starch, staples and come home and fix meals for a week.  I could do it repeatedly without repeating the same meal for a month.  Now I go to the store and stare at the meat and well, just stare.  I have no idea of what I could turn it into.  Sure, I cook it.  But then what?  And how?  I stare at it blankly with no vision of a meal when it used to come to me so quickly and naturally.  When did the life go out of my cooking visions?  When did I lose my connection with it or is it just a casualty of not needing to serve up regular meals for the entire family any longer? 
I checked online for some recipe ideas and failed to come up with anything.  I went back to one of the oldest cookbooks I own and saw nothing that caught my eye.  I think I need to keep searching and watching for something that might spark some kind of idea and inspiration.  Maybe I should go to the actual bookstore and browse through the cookbooks there.  And now that I think of that...I do believe the Voltaggio brothers have a cookbook out...yes...Volt Ink.
Or look here.
http://www.voltaggiobrothers.com/
I did and after scrolling through and looking a while I saw, "Do more, think less."  I also saw some pic's where they had made each other a late night/early morning chicken salad sandwich (plain ole) and nutella on ritz crackers for dessert.  A caption said, "Does it taste better when made by a Voltaggio brother?"
Good point.  I need to think less.  I'm already doing more.
Who says I'm not inspired.
TT
-------------
Note:  I just noticed their website had not been updated since 4/22/2011.  Probably too busy writing new cookbooks or trying to get inspired.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it taste as good as...Just depends on what Voltaggio Bro is doin the cuisine...there are Tony's and there are Tessa's

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT