Thursday, September 10, 2009

Working at it

Progress is one of those things that happen when you work at it. I looked the word up for its meaning and it said: development, usually of a gradual kind, toward achieving a goal or reaching a higher standard. This is how a real source defined progress, not me making up a definition as I did in my post Give curve a new meaning on 8/15/09 when I said,

"Curve?!? And that means...?!?!? Look it up in the dictionary and I believe you will see that the word curve is now defined as the currently politically correct way to say your thighs are getting heavy."

I happen to think the definitions of both words are accurate but let’s get back to progress. There was no progress on the bathroom yesterday. There was no development of any kind, gradual or otherwise. Maybe I misunderstood and the carpenter was supposed to take the day off? I’m not sure. I did go out and pick the tile after work so I might be able to count that. I really won’t be able to count it because when Jay saw the sample I picked he decided it was too light a color and will call the flooring guy to make sure he switches it for the darker version of what I had picked. So that almost makes it a step backward since the one thing that was achieved will need to be re-done. Bother. But, no matter. I think it can all still be considered progress since they are all steps forward toward achieving a goal. I am still looking forward to any progress that happens with this bathroom project. It seems I’ve waited so long for it to get this far, I am not going to complain about one day.

Oh, and are you curious about my deadline? I still have today, you know. My deadline for chapter one is tonight at midnight. I worked on it again last night. I honestly did not have any idea what I had written the night before since it was such a concentrated few hours and then I just shut everything down and didn’t read a thing. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to progress from where I left off. But somehow I was able to keep going. I can tell you with what I have written for chapter one and this and yesterday’s post I am in the vicinity of just over 4000 words in two days. I don’t know what to say about that.

Really, I don’t.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT