Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Want something done

Well, the carpenter never showed up again. Yesterday was his cut off day. If he didn't show he was fired and he didn't show. I lost all patience, got out of work, bought a can of semi-gloss white latex interior paint and proceeded to paint half the bathroom. I did the section that holds the washer and dryer. I painted the entire section, cleaned the brushes, put away the paint, swept, mopped up all the spots on the brand new floor and waited for the washer and dryer to be moved and re-connected.

I had gotten dried paint all down my arm since I managed to back into every wall in the small area and had paint spots all over my hands. My shoulder was cramping up from reaching because even with a step ladder I must be the shortest person on earth and can't reach. I think this might prove I am not the perfect height for me since my feet were not touching the ground and that seems to be the deciding factor on that point of view. One I never agreed with...I knew I had good reason. It might have helped if I had worn my heels but I wasn't about to put up with any ridicule if I was caught doing that. Besides, I didn't want to mess my shoes up. I’ve proven I have too much trouble buying new.

BUT...half done now feels better than none done. I had wanted to write but there was no way last night. I needed to get into the shower and get rid of all the paint I managed to get all over myself. By the time I got out, the washer and dryer were in place and connected. I was able to do a load of laundry.

I wanted something done and I guess I got my wish.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT