Friday, September 4, 2009

iPods don't lie


It must have been the long day combined with my dragged out feeling that made me lose my attention and turn it to my ipod yesterday afternoon. About two weeks ago my desktop computer at home that stored my iTunes crashed after a really bad thunderstorm. The power went out just as it I was trying to shut it off and it was asking me please don't turn it off until it had completely shut down. It should have asked the thunderclap instead of me because that's when the power decided to go out for 2 hours. When the power came back on the desktop was blasted and recovery disks were in order, installed and I was able to get it running again. Unfortunately, when iTunes was reinstalled it didn't have all the music it should have.

In any case, I have avoided connecting my ipod to the desktop in fear that it will sync to the incredibly smaller library of music that is on the desktop than the "real" library that is still stored on my ipod. Oh gosh, this is taking longer to explain than I thought and boring too. Sorry, it's just aftermath of being so sick and tired.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon I obviously needed a distraction and for some reason I started flipping through my menu on my ipod and found in my section of playlists that there was one called Top 25 Most Played. Hmmm. It must keep count of what I listen to the most. I know I didn't come up with that list. I was curious. What do I listen to the most? I had no idea.

Tessa: What?!
ipod: Number one....Bad Things by Jace Everett.
Tessa: You're kidding.
ipod: No. Bad Things is number one.
Tessa: I don't listen to it that much!
ipod: Obviously, you do. It's number one on the Top 25 Most Played.
Tessa: I don't think so.
ipod: But you do. It's right here at number one.
Tessa: And the next one?
ipod: Number two...Wicked Way by Benjamin Taylor.
Tessa: Uh Uh. It isn't.
ipod: Yes. Wicked Way is number two.
Tessa: It's not. Stop that.
ipod: It is. Believe it.
Tessa: Come on. This is a joke.
ipod: No. Top two songs are Bad Things and Wicked Way.
Tessa: It can't be right.
ipod: It can't be wrong. All I do is count.
Tessa: Right. Okay.
ipod: Ready for number three?
Tessa: Wait. I'm not so sure about Number one or Number two.
ipod: Sure or not. That's the way it adds up.
Tessa: What about Tantric - Down and Out. I've listened to that a lot!
ipod: But you haven't had it as long.
Tessa: That's true. Okay, so what is number three?
ipod: Number three is...My Immortal by Evanescence.
Tessa: Okay. I believe that one.
ipod: You can believe all of them. I'm not programmed to lie, only count.

You can tell it's been a long sick week when I am talking to my ipod by Thursday afternoon. The good news is I am feeling much better physically but now I seem to have completely lost my mind. Ah well, it was only a matter of time anyway.

I still think the ipod was lying.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT