Friday, September 18, 2009

Good with the bad

Out of all the distressingly tough things that I seem to have manufactured this week there have also been some good things squeezed in.

My tile floor is in. The bathroom upstairs is not finished but the work on the floor alone has given it huge gains in the look and cleanliness factors. I am so excited about it. I came home yesterday afternoon and it was all nice and beautiful...here take a look...

Granted, there is still some work to be done including painting, finishing the overhead light fixtures, putting in the cabinet, sink & faucets, lighted mirror, re-installing the toilet, moldings...but hey, this is major for this room. It has a decent floor..look at what is was before...
Too gross! I don't even want to think about that anymore...and look at it (don't). That's why the picture is so small. Better to look at the after picture above...Nice!

So that is well on it's way.


Another nice thing that happened was I got an email from my younger son Dante telling me he had run a 5K and came in third in his age bracket. I didn't get a chance to ask him what prompted him to run the race in the first place, but I thought what he said about coming in third was interesting. He said, there were only about 10 people in his age group. I couldn't help but think that is almost what I said when I came in third in my age group in the 10K I ran in March, only I said there were only three in my age group. Hmmm...

Then I get another email from Sonny (my older son) that the builder is going to put a refrigerator into his new house deal. He sent a picture of a really nice double door fridge with ice/water dispenser and since it was a promo picture one door was open revealing all the food inside. I told him it was really nice to get the fridge and it was great that it came with all that food. He answered back that no...the food didn't come with it, that was what I was for. I answered back..."like I said."

Oh - I don't think I ever mentioned. Sonny had wanted to get a house to get out of paying rent for a tiny apartment and to take advantage of the $8000 first time buyer rebate. He found an exceptional new house, 100% financing, 10,000 additional rebate from the builder, and should be able to move in by October 15!

There are a few more good things but I feel like I'm rambling now and need to stop. Jay gave up the South Beach Diet already...he was disliking too many of the things he had to eat. Or maybe it was that he had to eat what they said or maybe it was...doesn't matter. I was trying too hard for him, prepping everything, trying to make it as easy for him to stick to it as I could. I was trying too hard and that stressed me a bit (understatement you think)?

I'll be doing some cooking this weekend...I found my recipe for Deconstructed Black Forest Cake that I'll be making. I should post a picture of that!

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT