Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Shining

Glimmers of light sparkle through the soft clouds.
The brightness hurts my squinting eyes as I look up
rewarding me with countless white gems
exploding behind my eyelids as I blink.
If I were a child, I would twirl round and round,
arms extended, palms up and head back, accepting.
I am wrapped in a pristine haze and feel lightheaded.
I catch my breath, gulping down the golden rays
nearly drowning in their nourishment.
The warmth streaming down from the colorless prisms
prick my skin and hold me captive.
A bondage from which I wish no early release,
holding me and fortifying my soul.
All throughout, I am weakened and given strength.
Without this surrender, there is no victory.
I have absorbed the core of the light and it has left me
Shining.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT