Saturday, September 26, 2009

At the end of the rainbow

I had every intention of getting up this morning and painting the rest of my upstairs bathroom. I was not going to allow the original carpenter to return even if he decided to show himself again. He didn't, he hasn't and so all I had was half the bathroom painted, a beautiful floor and the washer and dryer operational.

It turns out a rainbow appears after some hard rains and yesterday afternoon I got a call from Jay's nephew asking if I was home from work and if he could come over. Sure, okay, come on over. This young man is a plumbers apprentice and when he arrived he proceeded to finish painting, installed the toilet, the new sink, cabinet and faucets. He cleaned up after himself and said he would be back to finish with the lighted mirror cabinet and the light fixtures. I didn’t have to do anything and the bathroom is almost complete. Some rainbow, don’t you think?

I probably shouldn't be talking so much about a bathroom but what can I say. It's been a struggle. Once the mirror goes up above the sink it will be almost complete. It looks good, it looks clean, which was something that I have wanted done for over two years. I didn't have to take it all on myself.
Aren't you glad this is almost complete? I sure am!
There shouldn't be so much bathroom talk but with it all falling into place after such uproars during the week really made me feel like I had gotten to the end of the rainbow.
Go figure.
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT