Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Keeping on

Here is something I had not expected about yesterdays post, Puzzled. I started out writing it with the idea of my feelings about being confused about my direction on this blog. I started writing it in the draft section within blogspot then went to copy it over into my working documents that I save on my laptop. My working documents are pieces I’ve been writing offline, to the side, in the background, so to speak. You see those sometimes, and sometimes you don’t. (There were at least four last week you did not see).

As I was copying what I had written yesterday into a working document I knew I needed to trim and nail down what I was saying. I was a little surprised when I found the document I opened had the majority of that same idea already written. It not only was written but it was better. I had obviously been thinking about this subject for a while and had already written most of it. As I read through it, I was able to edit (yes, but I didn’t delete much) and hopefully found a better balanced version of what I had started out to say for the second time.

I guess it’s only important to mention this now because I have to count that as a benefit? I had written something, stored it and pretty much discounted it as not good enough. The funny part is I went to write the same idea again I found good things in what I had previously written that I didn’t see the first time around. I’m not sure of the lesson here but I feel like I’ve learned something.

Maybe it is something like…score one for the keep on, keeping on?
TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT