Monday, September 28, 2009

Stable shopping?

Sunday - 6:58pm
I am just now getting back from replacing the bathroom vanity at the home improvement store. I have a brand new one in a box waiting to replace the one that managed to break a corner off the porcelain top.

Let me explain. I had sat down hours ago (many hours ago) starting to work on my book. I was going to spend the afternoon adding to what I have. I was going to spend my free time continuing the story. It was a good day so far, I ran this morning (and yesterday) so I was feeling fairly good. And I was going to write.

It was an unexpected pleasure (even if it did interrupt) to have Jay’s nephew show up with an electrician friend of his to finish the upstairs bathroom project. They were going to install my lighting fixtures, complete the piece they were missing from the sink plumbing and install the mirror lighted cabinets above the sink. Since they were working upstairs I was too distracted to continue writing but I thought it was going to be great to have the bathroom finished!

So lighting fixtures all were installed including the lighted mirror when they went to glue down, (or caulk or whatever they do) the sink countertop. There must have been a hairline crack in the triangle of a corner because somehow it broke. Of course. I’m not spending my time writing but I am thinking things are going so fine and well when this happens. The countertop now had a chuck of the corner broken off. Now it needs to be returned. Now all the plumbing of the faucets and under the sink has to come out because the countertop sink and cabinet were sold as a combo. I can’t just exchange the top but I need to exchange all of it. So we do. We exchanged it and we are now home with a new combo to install. I am using this time to let you know while Jay’s nephew drops off his electrician friend and then returns since he plans on installing it all over again tonight.

I lost my writing time.

I almost wish I wouldn't have people in my house till late tonight but its good that he wants to finish. I was wishing the next time I brought up the bathroom it was to say it was all done. I was wishing I would be able to say I had written so many more words on my book. I was wishing.

If wishes were horses I’d need a stable!

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT