Wednesday, September 9, 2009

1900+ and counting

It was raining like crazy on the short drive home yesterday. I needed to get home right after work and had been thinking I would have a run outdoors until I realized how hard it was raining. I had also been informed that I needed to meet another floor guy. Jay had set up another estimate on the tiles to be installed in the bathroom upstairs and I needed to meet with him at 5:00. It worked out well. I got home and the rain had already started to subside. Our carpenter had already left for the day but he had gotten what seemed to me a lot of work done. He had pulled out everything except the tub (we are not replacing it) and already gotten the sheet rock stripped to the new size. It was a perfectly empty bathroom.

This made it all the better for the guy that was going to give us (another) estimate on the floor. He got there right about 5:00pm and was able to give me a ballpark figure of half of what the other company was going to charge! He left and I called Jay to let him know that it seemed we had found a better deal. He would be talking to the guy today and would get the details. Now, of course, we have to pick a tile. All in all, the work here on this bathroom is moving quickly and better than I actually expected. The carpenter seems to be working pretty clean and the tile job won't take long since it is such a small area.

It was about 5:30 when I was actually able to sit quietly to see about tackling this deadline of Thursday for my first draft of my first chapter. This is crazy. But there seemed to be some kind of logic behind it. I guess. It was posed to me this way, “Wouldn’t you feel better if you had it done by Friday morning rather than October 1st?” How could I argue with that? I really can’t expect it to be a ready, done, polished first chapter. I know it will be a first draft (shitty) ready to work on first chapter that will hopefully kick start me into the story. I shouldn’t be just talking about how close I am and all the ideas I have and on and on but never writing a word. That won’t work. So yesterday I thought I could work until 7:00pm. I worked until 7:40, pushed through and got almost four pages and over 1900 words.

I don’t know what I wrote. Honestly. I wouldn’t let myself go back and read except for what I had just written. When I realized the time I just saved it and shut the laptop down so I can’t comment on what I wrote. I have two more days (I clarified I had until midnight on Thursday but was told I shouldn’t be writing until midnight).

We will see.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT