Friday, August 21, 2009

Banished sidewinder

Hallelujah, it's Friday! What a wicked week. There seemed to be an ugly viper coiled in the corner of my room. It was hissing and waiting for an opportunity to sink it’s dripping fangs into the meaty portion of my hand. Stupid snake.

It shook me at first. It’s not easy to keep your mind focused on what you are supposed to be doing with that kind of distraction. It is even more difficult when you know there is no reason for it to be there. You try to ignore it hoping it might just disappear on its own. But it persisted. And I would find myself giving it sideways glances over my shoulder. It worried me as the week progressed. It didn’t seem to have moved from its spot and I especially didn’t want it to take up permanent residence. I was not going to let it stay but I was failing on actually getting it out and away.

But today…it isn’t there. I’m at that iffy stage where it might have just moved to another spot that I haven’t located but I don’t think that is the case. I think it is gone.

It wasn’t a real snake of course. I don’t have large venomous creatures lurking in the corners of my room waiting to attack. It was just my way of saying I’ve had a tough week and I’m really glad I worked my way through it. I am feeling much better now.

Stupid snake.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT