Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The good news

I am here with a blank page. Life seemed to have tugged me in different directions yesterday and none led me to sitting here to try to fill a page or even part of it. Good news is it didn't keep me away too long.

I made myself nervous the other day when I backed up my entire blog to a flash drive. Uh-oh. I know what that means. Careful now. You see, that usually means I am ready to tear down the blog and deactivate it. It means I am ready to stop, quit, to find another way to spend my fool time. It was a thought since that was what happened in the past. I was wary of it. I held it in the back of my mind thinking if that was possibly my subconscious plan. I still get a tickling feeling that might be it. But then, I have a day like yesterday and I'm here. I'm back again.

Granted it is not the best or even good writing from what I can and have done in the past but I am here and writing just the same. What good is this tool if I can't just pick it up and use it whenever I need to? And look, somehow even though there wasn’t a thought in my head (Okay, that is so not true – I always have too many thoughts in my head) I have managed to write today even if one single word is not worth one single bit. But it is the writing itself that is important to me. I missed a day and that day is now gone. It is what I do with today and it seems I’ve already started back again.

I need to just keep going.

TT

PS. OH! If you happened to have read my post Hardly Cinderella from August 5th…I found my shoe!!! Good news abounds!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT