Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Still have time

I am working on getting organized. I guess I should be using the word re-organized because it seems I spend the majority of my time re-doing. I know I must have done it first at some point but I can't remember when that original doing happened and all I have left is fixing up what I originally did, or what I have re-done from some other point. Confused yet? I live this way.

Anyway, I had decided some time mid-last wicked week that I needed to get back on track with my fitness. Ah, yes! The great love-hate relationships I build around me. I prove that to be true over and over. I love the work outs, I really feel so much better when I am in that groove of working out, but dragging myself there to get it done seems to be so hard when I am trying to get back into it. Or maybe it's just so easy for me to avoid. So the plan is to get back.

I am not going to set any outrageous goals (this time). I am going to keep it fairly simple. I have a really easy run training that could take as long as seven weeks. That only means the increase in miles is very low. That should make it really easy to start out since there isn't much pressure to push hard right away. I could probably cut a good two to three weeks off of this schedule and still get the miles accomplished. But wait...that's not the idea. The organization here (re-organization) is to keep it easy enough to not make it such a chore to get it done. I am also trying to factor in the possibility that I won't only be running. If I want to take an occasional class I will be able to do that. It should keep it all interesting. I actually started out with a Zumba class yesterday. I may do another today or at the very least get my 1 1/2 mile run in. That's it. That is the distance I am starting with. If I get myself into some proper shape I should be able to do the Zumba class and run that distance afterward. But wait, I need to slow down. No big expectations here. The idea is to keep it easy enough to slide back into the program.

And I should still have time to write.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT