Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hardly Cinderella


I lost a shoe. One shoe. I guess the number doesn't matter because if you lose one there isn't much you can do with the other. It happened over a week ago but I kept looking for it. I am going to have to resolve that it won't be found and I need to get rid of the one remaining shoe I have left. Bummer. It was a nice pair, too. It was a standard black pump with a small heel (okay 3 inches) but that heel was silver with a black tip. It was reminiscent of a 1930's style cigarette holder except it was the heel of a black pair of nice pumps. It wasn't cheesy. It was very subtle and you didn't even notice the silver heel. Well, I guess you would notice if you looked down as I was walking away. Now I've managed to lose one.

No, it didn't fall off my foot as I went hobbling around unawares all afternoon. I had worn them that day to work and afterward went to the gym. I was sure I had put them into the bottom of my gym bag when I changed. The shoes were the first things off, so they would have been the first thing into the bag. After the work out I got home and emptied the gym bag onto the bed. I literally turned it upside down and let everything fall out. I do this every time I come home from the gym because I always take my work clothes out and repack the bag with fresh gym clothes. (I know, whatever! I can't help being organized; really...I was a girl scout for christ sake)!

I thought I picked up both shoes and tossed them into the closet. Yes, I have a shoe rack but all the other shoes were in place and I didn't figure it would hurt to have the shoes at the bottom of the closet for a while. No big deal. A couple of days later I went to put the shoes on and only found one. I started searching the closet thinking one shoe got tossed into a corner somewhere or stuck behind other shoes on the rack. It wasn't there. I moved the entire rack of shoes. No black pump. I moved old shopping bags that were there, I looked into old shopping bags that were there but no black pump! Where did it go? I hastily picked another pair to wear that day and went to work.

My search continued later. I checked under the bed thinking I might have dropped the lone shoe and it was kicked under the bed. No such luck. There isn't anything under the bed or under anything else in the room. I went back to the closet and pulled all the stuff on the floor away. I went through what I think was everything in that I know it's here somewhere kind of mode.

It didn't help. I haven't found the shoe. I might have to let go of my one shoe and caulk it up to being lost. You know, of course, as soon as I pitch the one shoe the other will turn up somewhere. Maybe I should look just one more time.

How did I lose a shoe!

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT