Sunday, August 23, 2009

Grand total $16.22

Saturday afternoon - 5:10pm.
I have just returned home from what I thought was going to be little shopping therapy.

I should have known it wasn’t a time to do any shopping when traffic seemed heavier than usual. I realized a little too late it might be because of school starting and everyone making the back to school last weekend shopping trips. I should have exercised some common sense and left right then. No, no common sense exercised. So the result was a grand total expenditure of $16.22. Pretty slim. And that was spent on a blusher from Sephora that I needed. Not even anything I could wear. I visited 5 shops and came out with nothing. I tried on a top, capri's, a dress, another top but nothing was working for me.

Then I tried another tact and I almost got a really great pair of muted print fabric Nine West peep-toed shoes. I say almost. There was a 75% off clearance rack which I browsed. I do this type of browsing from time to time but never seem able to find my size even if there is a pair I actually want. But this time they had my size in the great Nine West heel. Awesome! I plucked it off the rack and slid the shoe on. Like I said, still awesome! It looked great! I took it off and brought the lone shoe up to the counter so they could go to the back to retrieve the matching mate. The clerk came back after what seemed like an extra long wait and said…there isn’t a matching shoe. What? Nothing in the back? Then I remembered seeing another one on the clearance rack. Do you think it’s the other shoe?

We went to look. We found the other shoe on the rack. It was the same size as the original shoe the clerk is still holding. Matching shoes. But wait…a little too matching. Both are left feet. I’m looking at the clerk. Okay, maybe I was staring very intently because she excused herself and promptly turned to say she would go to the back and check again. Another long wait. She finally found the courage to resurface from the back room with the same two left shoes. She is shaking her head. I’m very sorry I think I heard her say; the other right shoes aren’t there.

I should have known. Did I really expect a pair of $79.00 originally priced, beautiful fabric, Nine West peep-toed, 4 ½ inch heels at 75% off to be available to me? Well, I did expect it. Oh yes, of course, but they were available! If I wanted two left shoes! What’s with me and my shoes lately?

Some therapy session! It didn’t exactly work out as planned. My cheeks are so glowing I don’t even need the blusher!

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT