Sunday, August 30, 2009

Afternoon diversion

I spent yesterday afternoon and evening out of town. It was a splendid time with people I had not seen in a while. I didn't mind the drive at all and even coming back home to get here just before midnight last night wasn't so bad either. It was well worth it. And now I still have today to get myself organized.

My first stop was meeting up with the youngest of the Voltaggio clan. We decided we had time to drive out to a new vineyard located thirty minutes from where she and her husband live. It was a pleasant drive and gave us time to talk, not that we ever stopped. We arrived and the grounds were slightly parched from the abusively high temperatures we have been experiencing and yet still lovely. There was an expanse of hill country green with the straight lines of vines tucked neatly to one side. The main winery and restaurant was designed like a Tuscan villa. It was too new looking to bring you back to the old country but the terra cotta roof was very appealing to the eye. I can’t tell you how wonderfully relaxing the entire time was. I don’t even know how long we where there. Time wasn’t an issue and we of course tried a bottle of the winery’s own label. Too soon it was time to head back. I had another party to attend.

I was only an hour fashionably late. It turned out many people had also just arrived so I guess that is the norm. At least it was the norm for this party. There were quite a few people attending. It was a relatively small house with many people gathered inside and me not knowing any of them. I really didn’t have a problem with that. I believe I was the only one attending from out of town and I also think I might have been the only one that had not met my friend (who’s birthday we were celebrating) from her work. I have known her since we were 13 which made for some interesting introductions considering our ages now. But never mind about that. It was a good time.

It was a good day all around. The best part is I was still able to get up this morning, make my coffee and spend a few moments putting words on a page.

These types of days are so essential. My luck on that still continues.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT