Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tangled path

I started to write this morning and got over 200 words when I realized there was no way I wanted to continue on that subject. I am not sure where my thought paths have gone but I must be in some deep woods. It almost feels like I keep striking out to find where it connects to the main road but I manage to get deeper and deeper into the brush. I keep pushing ahead but I seem to be getting tangled into some weird spots where I’m not sure how I managed to get there. Weren’t things going along just fine? Didn’t I have a flow going? Maybe this is just another learning curve I need to deal with.

I can hear my mind trying to tell me it is a lack of creativity. I can hear it saying there isn’t another good thought in my head. I can hear it - but it isn’t resonating. I can hear it but I am almost waving my hand at it like I would an irritating gnat away from my face. That is a good thing. It is a good thing I am beginning to wave away the more negative thoughts that try to hold me back. If there is anything I may have learned from starting where I was and getting to this point is that I need to continue. Stopping, quitting, trying to find reasons for not doing this is not an option any more. And no, I don’t really think I am saying that to convince myself of the fact. I think I am actually putting it into actions. I mean, I am writing words you never see. For all that I talk about there are volumes that are never spoken. I am finding paths when I am lost and not sure where I am. My thoughts are taking me to other places that I am not mentioning here.

This dense path I have found myself on lately seems to be going on forever. But I seem to have found a determination I can’t seem to shrug off anymore and I will continue to trudge on through.

Good for me.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT