Friday, August 28, 2009

Temperature check

I spent some time yesterday afternoon browsing my own blog. I am not sure what made me stop and read parts of it but I allowed myself the time to focus on it. I seemed to have been rushing in and out of my own site lately almost at the speed of light. Probably not that fast but let’s just say I have been so rushed writing, posting, done, and out, that I had not really been noticing the amount of posts I had accumulated. I had been moving so fast for the last weeks I had not stopped to check on myself.

I know quantity is not the proof of anything. It is not the answer to good writing or interesting writing. I know I could have scores of posts and all of them could be just god-awful. But excuse me, if it is all the same to you, dang! I have like over 125 posts! I have over 125 posts since April. I have had a consistent post every day since the first of July …well, except for August 17th. I didn’t have a post on the 17th of this month but (oh goodness, I didn’t realize until I just checked) I posted twice on July 17th. (I really didn’t know it was the 17th on both months —coincidences)! But that would still total a post every day for almost two months straight.

Since I was allowing myself to go through and read some of my own posts, I found a couple, a couple...well I found a couple that are not so bad. There are a couple of posts that are actually a little funny. I found a few that needed a lot of work and some that are just heartfelt and part of my life.

So there. I am talking to myself when I say that. You see, I might have proved something to myself by just taking notice of what I have done lately. By stepping back and taking a look at what I had already done, I was able to see that I have made some steps forward.

Having lots of post might not be the answer, but I think this is starting to work well for me. With a little more focus and more of the same consistency, I might be getting somewhere. I’ll keep at it. Then I will check back on myself again to see if I am still progressing and if I still feel the same way.

Right now, I’m feeling not so bad.

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT