Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A long walk

I have been away to my favorite place to escape for the last couple of days. We just got back and I finally have an Internet connection that is reliable so I am posting these pictures I wanted to share that I took while I was there. I wanted you to see why I so appreciate going and why it is so good for me.

Monday morning instead of my usual run I decided to take a walk along my route and take a camera with me.

I decided I would take my time and hopefully be able to capture a few shots of the things I get to see when I am here.







I wanted the opportunity to share some of the reasons I find this place so special.





Even if I needed to crouch down so you could see the things I see along the way.
Or look up to see something else.

And follow it as it lands.
And joins the rest of it's group.
And some that are not exactly part of the same group.

And even though my walk was very early in the morning, it sometimes looks like it might be another time of day.


The sun was actually attempting to come out about this time when I had turned around and headed back.

The heavens seemed to be opening up and making their morning stretch in order to start warming things up. And then just a little way up ahead, the sparkles on the water almost looked like ice.
And the water glittered and swirled as I made my way back.
I don't pretend to be a photographer. Geez, the jury is still out on my writing, but I keep coming back to this area and these picture are some of the reasons. I wanted you to see.

There is nothing that can compare to a Monday morning jog along the water where there is a possibility of seeing just one or even two of these things. I get to see as many as I pay attention to and I think I will always appreciate how lucky I am when I see them. It helps me focus. It resets my inner clock. I get back on track.

There are times when I just can't stay away. Can you see why?

TT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment at any time! TT